Thursday, July 24, 2008

Archibald Family Reunion '08

OK, so there is an extra black box that appears on the blog, but not when I'm creating it....until I figure it out - enjoy!

The Archibald Family Reunion was up Cub River Canyon this year. We had family stay at our house while others stayed in cabins at Deer Cliff and trailers at Albert Moser Campground.

Ivan had 5 of his 7 children here along with grandkids and a great-granddaughter. What a fun family! I was glad that I was finally able to meet more family members and get to know them. Mike & Debbie were in charge of the reunion and did a fantastic job!!!

Of course, Phil was right again. There was tons of food. I should say - fantastic food! I always worry about not having enough to eat. Well Ben & Rose have enjoyed helping me clean out the fridge because I can't possibly eat all that was left here:)

We were able to go to Clarkston Cementary where many of the Archibald relatives are buried. Very interesting to look at the headstones and hear stories about ancestors.

Only one accident that required stitches...and that honor goes to Taylor. What a guy! Wiped out (I don't know the tough, cool words to be using here) on his long board and left part of his elbow on the asphalt. I don't think I have ever heard anyone so excited to tell about what happened. Taylor was so excited - guess it was worth it?!?! Oh, Dr. Eskelson says that he has a nice butt - had to check out the road rash.....

Had a nice trip to the Preston ER where I was able to spend time with my friend whose husband had just been brought in from a car accident and visit with others I haven't seen for a while. We also had the honor of seeing Dale Critchilow (Napoleon Dynamite star) as he came into the ER.



0 comments: