Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Birthday


Well we finally had our long over due, early, and extra early birthday party on the 15th. Last time we attempted to get together - it snowed - in Utah anyway and postponed our plans. So we tried to get everybody together and celebrate all our fall birthdays! Needless to say, there was a lot of crazy stuff going on...had to be there:) But the highlight of the evening was Jeremiah serenading us. He did a great job at Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam & I Am A Child Of God ----Jeremiah style. We all had a good laugh. We do know that he will not be going to college on a singing scholarship, but will be saving the video to blackmail him with at a later date!!!!

FRIENDS ARE FAMILY ONE FINDS ALONG THE WAY

Once again, another year has past and Etmo will be leaving to go to California for the holidays and then meet up with Rinse to spend the rest of the winter in Arizona. Couldn't let the opportunity pass to have a dinner to help him celebrate his 93rd birthday this Friday...AND STILL GOING STRONG!!!

What a crew! Etmo has been such an important part of my families lives for years. A grandpa, yard/garden mentor, storyteller, and fantastic friend.
Then there is Wes & Marie - WOW! What can I say. They came into my life when I needed them the most. They have helped me through so many trials and been great parents. Still love the look on people's face when they have introduced me as the "daughter they never had" and boy is that true. I don't know what I would do without them...just wish my dad would have still been alive when we met. Wes and my dad were friends & Marie dated my dad! I think the Lord definitely works in mysterious ways and I'm so grateful he did:)

2 comments:

Chance & Rachel said...

oh mom... you left out all of the hilarious pictures and stories, but i am sure that someone would end up being offended. The video of Miah singing definitly needs to find its way to your blog. :]

Stevie (Hull) Emerson *vulgar vixen* said...

I think Miah will KILL you if he knew this was on here!